Park & Ride – Capitol Centre – Walton le Dale
Walton le Dale Capitol Centre Retail Park & Ride
Walton-le-Dale Park & Ride From 30 April 2012
The 810 space Park & Ride is located at the rear of the Capitol Centre at Walton le Dale and boasts many special features:
(217 KB, Acrobat PDF)
- Low floor easy access hybrid buses
- Internal and external CCTV coverage for added passenger safety and comfort
- Distinctive Park & Ride livery
- Buses up to every 5/8 minutes throughout the day (Monday-Saturday)
- On Bank Holidays buses run every 15 minutes
- Manned Park & Ride site also featuring CCTV
- Easy parking
- Open from 0700 to 1930 Monday to Saturday
- Open on Bank Holidays (including Substitute Bank Holidays) from 1030 to 1730
- Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Easter Sunday
- On-site toilets and kiosk
- Covered waiting area with seating
- Fully illuminated site
- Disabled and parent & child parking
- Ride & Ride – cycle parking available
- This site has been awarded secured car park status
Monday to Saturday
0700 to 1800
|every 5 to 8 minutes|
1800 to 1922
|every 12 minutes with last bus returning from City Centre at 1930|
Walton le Dale Park & Ride Bus Services
The first service for the City Centre (Jacson Street) leaves at 0700 and then buses run up to every 5/8 minutes with the last departure at 1922.
Return services from the City Centre operate up to every 5/8 minutes until the last departure for Walton-le-Dale at 1930. On Bank Holidays there is a 15-minute service from 1030. Last bus back from Jacson Street 1721.
Services operate non-stop to and from the Jacson Street terminus next to the Harris Museum/Library in the City Centre with the exception of one inbound and outbound stop on London Road.
The Park and Ride site will also be open on the 5 Sundays preceding Christmas and will run up to 21:30 on selected Christmas late night shopping evenings in Preston .
Walton le Dale Park & Ride Bus fares
The Return fare from the Park & Ride to Preston City Centre is £2.50 per person before 0930 (Monday to Friday). After 0930 and all day on Saturdays and Bank Holidays the cost is only £1.20 per person.
Children pay 60p return at any time of day. Concessions are available to senior citizens and disabled passengers on production of a valid concessionary travel pass.
Please buy your tickets on the bus.
Walton le Dale Park & Ride Special Fares
A Family Ticket is also available at the cost of £5.00 before 0930 and £3.00 after 0930 and all day on Saturdays and Bank Holidays.
A Family Ticket allows 4 persons travelling in the same vehicle to travel.
Regular travelers can purchase a ‘Saverstrip’ peak ticket for £22.50 (before 09:30) and Saverstrip off peak (after 09:30 and all day Saturday and bank holidays) which allow ten journeys for the price of nine.
These can be bought from the on-site kiosk. Payment can be made by debit/credit card at the on-site kiosk
Other money saving options are available, enquire at the kiosk at Walton le Dale, the bus station or ask the driver for details.
Please note that the car park is locked after the last bus departs the site. A charge of £40 may be payable to the bus operator if they are called out to release cars outside the scheduled operational hours.